There are thousands of food places all-around of us but only a few of them have a good crowd, do you think why? Just because people found something special in those places.
All I am trying to say is to get success, manager of a restaurant has to put some extra efforts and develop some extra-ordinary skills so that he can manage his business with full of efforts and efficiency.
Some qualities are inbound but if a manager wants they can develop too. Let’s read about the few mandatory skills that a manager of a restaurant must have if he wants to perform far better than expectations of his customers.
- Passionate – Normally a food place is open for more than 14 hours thus it is must that a manager have a strong energy level to deal with the various task of a daily routine. It required high stamina to manage everything such as dealing with suppliers, interacting with customers, motivating the staff member for work improvement and solving disputes of employees. All he needs to be ready for each task.
- Well-learned– He must be familiar with all the dishes, it is the biggest task of a manager to gain in-depth knowledge of the dishes they are serving. Food taste is important to build goodwill, it increases referrals. To develop knowledge a manager should spend some time in the kitchen, talk with the chefs. He should know what is going into the mouths of their customer and don’t forget to take feedback for future improvement.
- Multi-Tasking – A manager should be multi-tasking he has to do many works at one time like managing staff members, training of staff, taking feedback and solving customer’s issues etc. A manager should proficient in tackle all these work smartly with full efficiency.
- Cheerful personality – A person can achieve success in any field if he has a happy face with strong positive thinking as well as a cheerful nature. Positive thoughts can deal with any of the challenges which come while running a business. A manager of a restaurant should be a good leader also. In order to improve waiting staff and unmanaged kitchen, the manager required a pleasant personality. If the manager of a restaurant is positive and hopeful, then he also can motivate other staff to work with enthusiasm.
- Innovation lover – People always like good innovations, when fresh and unconventional ideas came, employees performance improved also the customers are impressed and keep coming in place again. When organizer is creative, a business can always stay top on the list.
A manager should have many qualities other than mentioned skills, A good leadership needs respect which can manage by both the side. Remember one thing that your staffs will respect and listen you if first you listen and respect them. Having a simple, attractive and extraordinary skills differ a manager from ordinary people.